Starr King Unitarian Universalist Church, in Hayward http://starrking.org/ needs a church pianist/accompanist.
Under the direct supervision of the minister, the Church Pianist serves as soloist and accompanist for Sunday morning services, choir rehearsals, and some special services (Christmas Eve). The beginning salary is $500 per month.
Each year, the pianist plays at 40 services, accompanies the choir, including 20 one-hour rehearsals that precede the service, and attends monthly staff meetings. For each service, the pianist provides suitable pre-service music, a prelude, an offertory, and a postlude, and leads/accompanies the congregation in hymns or other music chosen collaboratively.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
1. Experience as an accompanist, preferably in a church setting.
2. Good sight-reading skills.
3. Ability to read and play from open choral scores.
4. Broad knowledge of standard piano repertoire.
5. Ability to select music suitable to the theme of the service.
6. Ability to work collaboratively and supportively with amateurs.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications:
1. Ability to play multiple genres.
2. Ability and willingness to direct the choir at rehearsals and during performances.
If you’re interested in this position, please reply, or call 510-786-7784.
View More Details - Church Pianist/Accompanist