Work: 540-662-3471 ext. 45191 (Handley High School Choral Department)
I have been named the accompanist for 2012 Shenandoah Valley Bach Festival. My work for the festival comprises of four one hour long noontime concerts on consecutive days, each with different repetoire.
. studio accompanying for instrumentalists/vocalists of all types
. competitions, auditions, and recitals
. music direction, both with the baton or from the piano.
. music theatre rehearsals/performances
. opera rehearsals/performances
. choral rehearsals/performance
. basically any type of accompaniment
- I am a 39 year old Accompanist in Northern Virginia
- I am an Accompanist in the Shenandoah Valley and Northern Virginia for over 15 years
- I was formerly the Accompanist for both the Shenandoah University Conservatory and Chamber Choirs, under the baton of Robert Shafer (10 years)
- I am the Accompanist for Winchester City Public Schools. Includes all public schools in the City of Winchester (8 years)
- I was the Pianist, Accompanist, and Choir Director for Wildwood Baptist Church, Bethesda Maryland (10.5 years)
- I am now the Organist/Pianist/Accompanist at First United Methodist Church in Winchester, Virginia.
- I am the Accompanist for Winchester Musica Viva, under the direction of Kenneth Nafzinger (6 years)
- I currently on occasion substitute as a rehearsal pianist for the City Choir of Washington and have done substitute accompanying for the Choral Arts Society of Washington.
- I am the Studio Accompanist for the Little Diva Voice Studio under Jennifer Randall, Ashburn, Virginia (about 25 singers, classical/music theatre/pop)
-I am the Studio Accompanist for the Lowe Music Studio, Manassas, Virginia (about 40 flautists, instrumentalists, and singers)
- I have accompanied District Choirs for Loudoun County (10 years), and Frederick County, Virginia(every couple of years), and All-County Choirs for Loudoun County (8 years)and Shenandoah County, Virginia.
- I have done Music Direction for Winchester Public Schools, Winchester Medical Center Follies, Northern Virginia Preparatory Theatre, and Wildwood Baptist Church.
-freelance accompanist for about 15 years.
Among others, the skills that I have are:
- I am a very experienced performer, and am typically very relaxed in performance. (Which can calm others nerves)
- I am able to learn and perform large amounts of technically challenging music effectively and very quickly
- I can play almost all common styles of music.
- I am an extremely strong sight reader, and have on occasion performed on very short notice when another accompanist has had to pull out last minute.
- I am a strong score reader, and can comfortably sightread (including while transposing) 4-5 lines and can with practice score read as many as 12 lines of music.
- I can use my score reading to make a hybrid of some of the choral parts and the accompaniment if needed.
- I am able to transpose to closely related keys at sight, but more distant keys I have to practice as I have perfect pitch.
- I work well and have a lot of experience working with both children and adults in varying ranges of ability and instruments, from students to performers.
- I am also not afraid to fill other roles in concerts that I am accompanying if needed.
Education: BM Performance in Piano from Shenandoah University, under pianist Eugenia Evans
-Overseas study at the Academy of Musical Arts (AMU), in Prague, Czech Republic, studying Piano Performance under concert pianist Jan Panenka
Notable venues that I have performed in are the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Wolf Trap Center for the Performing Arts,and the Lichtenstein Palace, Prague Czech Republic.
Professional: $45.00 per hour
Studio Recitals/or Festival: $35 per person. Typically includes one rehearsal at the lesson, and a run through at the recital. If the same individuals in the studio have multiple recitals using same repetoire on different days I typically do a discounted increase with each recital being less.
Competitions (student): Typically $50 per person, negotiable.
Contemporary Music, Instrumental Accompaniment, Vocal Accompaniment, Musical Theatre, Musical Direction
Register for free at PianoAccompanists.com.
Registration is completely free and allows you to create an informative, searchable accompanist profile.
It takes less than a minute to create your profile. Why not give it a try?