* Chris Ring is an excellent sight-reader who follows soloists and directors well, plays with nuance and energy, can transpose keys, and holds to the philosophy of making the performers sound great. Plus, he's a good speaker, singer and person.
* Graduated from California State University, Long Beach, in 1995 - BA Music (piano and voice). Also inducted into Pi Kappa Lambda, an honor society for music, in 1995. Sang with five ensembles and provided accompaniment for many of them, as well as for other students' juries and recitals.
* Staff accompanist for Millikan High School (Long Beach, CA) since 2009, playing for seven vocal groups totaling 300+ students, for their rehearsals, performances and recordings, and offering vocal and performance-practice coaching as well.
* Staff accompanist for Granada Heights Friends Church (La Mirada, CA) since 2018, playing piano, keyboard, and organ, weekly, for the praise bands, the choir, and for special events.
* Teacher of voice and piano for several students, from children to adults.
* Was Director of Music, worship leader, and pianist for La Mirada Christian Church from 2013 to 2017. Led the congregation in singing, while leading the stage band in their accompaniment of those songs. Also pianist for special events.
* Was staff accompanist and musical director for Musical Theater Academy of Orange County (MTAOC) from 2006 to 2017. Accompanied rehearsals, coached singers on parts, and led pit bands for several stage productions and camp productions.
* Was Assistant Director of Music for Grace Community Church (Seal Beach, CA) from 1995 to 2012. Duties included playing for choirs, leading praise bands, leading congregational singing, finding and developing talent, creating recordings for church use, and creating vocal arrangements for numerous special music occasions.
* Was Staff accompanist for Orange County School of the Arts (aka OCSA, in Santa Ana, CA), Music and Theater department from 2005 to 2012, offering vocal and performance-practice coaching and playing for several classes' rehearsals and shows.
* Was full-time music teacher for grades K-6 at Whittier Christian School (Whittier, CA) from 2007 to 2009, teaching weekly general music classes to all students, directing a grade 4-6 choir, teaching private piano lessons, and directing on-stage musicals each semester.
* Was staff accompanist at Fullerton High School from 2004 to 2007, playing for five choirs for their rehearsals, performances and recordings.