The Branford Chorale is a non-audition, non-profit community chorus with 70+ members and growing. We sing a wide variety of music including classical, pop, folk, spiritual, jazz and holiday music.
Seeking a rehearsal pianist to accompany choral rehearsals for our spring season beginning Monday, January 25th with dress rehearsal Friday, May 6th and our concert on Saturday, May 7th. Rehearsals are every Monday from 7:30-9:30pm. We do hold 4-5 sectionals per term (paid in addition to salary).
1. Available for 2 hours per week, with the exception of a performance week (4-5 hours).
2. Experience accompanying.
3. Piano performance should excel, with comfort in many musical genres.
4. Ability to read an open choral score.
5. Experience singing in a vocal group recommended.
6. Bachelorís degree in Music preferred.
7. Some experience with organ is preferred.
1. Accompany on piano and/or keyboard for a variety of choral pieces.
2. Attend all rehearsals, Monday nights from 7:30-9:30pm including dress rehearsal and the concert.
3. Assist or lead sectional rehearsals (paid in addition to salary).
4. Play for 2-3 additional concert performances in the Branford area (paid in addition to salary).
5. Sight-read moderate music during rehearsals.
Salary Range: Salary range $1000-$1550 per term determined by experience.
Please submit a resume and references to Michael Carnaroli, director @ email@example.com or Ellen Lampros Woods, President @ firstname.lastname@example.org
View More Details - Accompanist needed for Branford Chorale