WEST GRANVILLE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
JOB TITLE: Church Choir Piano Accompanist
REPORTS TO: Pastor
Job Description Approved: July 1, 2011, Edited July 10, 2011 Edited May 6, 2013
Start Date: August 1, 2013 (flexible)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience (approx. $20.00 - $25.00 per performance)
Contact: Jo Olson, Personnel Committee Chair
email@example.com or (262) 389-5173 OR
Celia Meisal, Music Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org or (262) 825-7481 or
The job duties and responsibilities of the Church Choir Piano Accompanist include but are not limited to the following:
• Accompany the adult choir for all rehearsals and worship
• Coordinate and collaborate with the Pastor, Music Coordinator and choir as needed for efficient implementation of choir rehearsals and worship
• Practice independently to assure knowledge of selected music is learned
• Determine the accompaniments for persons providing special music cooperatively with the Church Organist and/or Music Coordinator
• May be asked to assist accompaniments provided for the children’s choir if available and if request does not interfere with adult choir accompaniment
Skills needed to perform this job include, but are not limited to:
• Strong sight-reading skills
• Possessing strong improvisational skills a plus
• Ability to communicate with a diverse group of individuals
The Church Choir Piano Accompanist is a paid position of the West Granville Presbyterian Church. The Accompanist may be unavailable at times and will need to give the Music Coordinator advanced notice, if possible, of any absences. The Music Coordinator will secure a substitute accompanist.
Song and music is a response which engages the whole self in prayer. To accompany the choir in singing of prayer is a primary role of the Church Choir Accompanist. In worship, music is not for entertainment or artistic display. Music as prayer is to be a worthy offering to God on behalf of the people. At West Granville Presbyterian Church, the choir and its accompanist enhances worship in a special and unique way rather than as being a performance organization. To the glory of God!
West Granville Presbyterian Church does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex or sexual orientation, marital status, handicap, national origin, creed, ancestry, member of military service, or any other reason prohibited by law.
View More Details - Choral Accompanist