JOB TITLE: Accompanist
SALARY: According to placement on current salary schedule
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine month year
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the procedures for evaluating non-certified staff
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
District Music Coordinator
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Two years of accompanying experience preferred
1. Demonstrates effective organizational, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
2. Demonstrates punctuality and good attendance.
3. Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures, including proper use of equipment. Reports all unsafe conditions/activities to supervisor, Human Resources or Risk Management.
4. Demonstrates aptitude and interest for the work to be performed.
5. Follows appropriate district policies and procedures.
6. Meets deadlines.
7. Demonstrates confidentiality as related to job.
8. Develops and maintains professional working relations with other district employees.
JOB SKILLS and ABILITIES:
1. Excellent pitch and timbre discrimination.
2. Excellent piano performance and sight reading skills.
3. Basic clerical and computer skills.
1. Skilled at picking out specific parts of music, sight read rhythms, melodies and harmonies by looking at choral scores.
2. Assists in reinforcement of skills with individuals, small groups and large rehearsals.
3. Assists with small group sectional work.
4. Serves as accompanist for solos as requested. Solo and Ensemble Festival limited to twenty accompaniments pieces as directed by music teacher.
5. Serves as an integral part of student learning experiences as directed by music teacher.
6. Accompanies students and teacher to large group contests/events.
7. Is flexible in work hours and is available for evening performances.
8. Performs basic clerical duties, including but not limited to typing, filing, and computer work.
9. Assists with classroom management, issuing uniforms, scheduling and performances as directed by music teacher.
10. Assists with supervising student assistants as requested by music teacher.
11. Performs such other tasks as may, from time to time, be assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus continually and quickly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Tolerate a close work environment.
Reasonable accommodations shall be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions pursuant to applicable law.
To apply: Applications are available at Human Resources, 1820 Main Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80911. Phone calls to 719-391-3015.
View More Details - Piano Accompanist