Levine Music is a welcoming community where children and adults find lifelong inspiration and joy through learning, performing, listening to, and participating with others in music. Levine’s core values – excellence and opportunity – infuse everything we do. Our distinguished faculty offer a broad and well-rounded curriculum that provides a strong musical foundation for students of different ages, abilities, and interests. We strive to make Levine’s education available to everyone. Hundreds of students receive substantial scholarship assistance; many hundreds more receive free instruction through fully-funded in-school programs.
Levine Music is pleased to announce a Part-Time Piano Instructor position in the Piano Department. The instructor will teach private lessons for school-age and adult students following the department’s piano curriculum. The position will require teaching at two of Levine’s five campuses up to five days per week (about 15-20 hours per week) on weekdays after school and Saturdays.
• At least five years of experience teaching Elementary school-age children in a private lesson setting
• Ability to interact effectively with children of a broad range of abilities and backgrounds
• Understanding of learning styles and needs of adult students
• Degree in Piano Performance (background in piano pedagogy strongly preferred) or Music Education with piano emphasis
• An advanced understanding of music theory and technique
• Knowledge of the current piano teaching methods for youth and adults
• Effective time management and organizational skills to keep students on task
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a variety of personalities
• Performance experience (solo or group)
Performance opportunities may be possible for successful candidates with a strong performance background. A candidate may also be offered a Suzuki Teacher Certificate training.
Applicants for this position should submit a letter of application and resume. Applicants are encouraged to submit their performance recording, their students’ recordings, and a sample program if available.
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Levine Music is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Levine Music’s employment policy is committed to anti-discrimination of employees or applicants based on sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law concerning any employment practices.
Compensation: Faculty are compensated according to Levine’s hourly rate card which takes into account education and years of experience. Faculty are eligible for regular increases, incentive pay, benefits and a faculty grant program.
Please submit application materials via email to:
A Maria Williams
Director of Human Resources
2801 Upton Street, NW
Washington, DC 20008
View More Details
| admin on August 14 2021 02:47:21