Please send me a direct message via my website: modjazzmo.com ~OR~ via this website.
Looking forward to hearing from you and chatting about your project!
Hey! Thanks for checking out my profile on pianoaccompanists.com. A little information about me so you can see if I might be a fit for your project:
I am currently Music Director for Theater 2020's Equity production of Sunday in the Park with George (Off-Off- Broadway in Brooklyn). Productions this past fall (2022): Pinkalicious (Off-Broadway), The Mystery of Edwin Drood (st. Bart's Players) and The Wizard of Oz. I am also a Composer in the BMI Lehman Engel Musical Theatre Workshop (2022-2023).
Recent NYC experience:
● Rehearsal pianist for National Yiddish Theatre Folksbiene's Fiddler on the Roof (Currently Off-Broadway; directed by Joel Grey)
● The Flatiron Room (The Izze Stein Trio)
● The Cutting Room (My sazz ensemble - SOLAR FLARE)
● Pianist / Vocalist at Don't Tell Mama, Uncle Charlie's, Stonewall
BerkleeNYC: MA in Writing and Design for Musical Theatre (July 2022)
Baldwin-Wallace University: Music Composition
I am well-versed on the piano in these styles:
● Musical Theatre
Some of my professional experiences & skills:
* Contemporary/Classical Choral experience (I've been in choirs and also directed them).
* I have major experience accompanying instrumentalists and vocalists.
* I have major experience Music Directing musicals and cabarets - I am very familiar with the Broadway and American Songbooks. I have music directed over 200 Equity and non-equity shows and supplied original music for some of them.
* I am composer, lyricist, and bookwriter for several musicals. Please check out my website modjazzmo.com for more information.
* I am a confident sightreader, able to read charts or notated music - and I play by ear. Play me a song and I can learn it!
* I am able to transpose charts, if needed. I can transpose notated music once I am more familiar with it.
* I have a classical background but am just as comfortable playing jazz, pop, musical theatre, rock, folk, cabaret - you name it!
* I am also an arranger - so if you have a song but want to put your "own signature" on it, we can work together to find the sound you want.
So there you have it - my experience in a nutshell - over the last 20 years, I have supported myself as a pianist working on musicals, bands, music copying, film scoring, and songwriting. Please visit my website modjazzmo.com for more info on me and my skills and what I might be able to offer your project.
I love to collaborate with fellow artists and make great music. Have a question I didn't answer here? Then, please don't hesitate to get a hold of me. I hope to hear from you!
$ 70.00 Dollars Per Hour
Also available for cocktail parties, singalongs, and special occasions.