I am a professional pianist who has a B.A. in Musical Theatre from James Madison University in Virginia, from which I graduated in 2009. Besides working as a piano accompanist and music director, I am the Advanced Musical Theater teacher at the American Academy For The Dramatic Arts in NYC.
I have several strengths as a pianist, my main two being sight-reading and accompanying singers. I have years of experience working in children's theatre and playing for auditions, so I have learned to follow singers no matter what and be able to play a large percentage of music from first sight.
My professional experience includes:
1) Music Directing at multiple educational institutions in the NYC area
2) Serving as music director and/or pianist at two regional Equity theatres: The Barn Theatre (Augusta, MI) and Greenbrier Valley Theatre (WV)
3) Serving as music director at Stagedoor Manor, Long Lake Camp for the Arts, Camp Chipinaw @ Silver Lake, Timber Ridge Camp, and Roanoke Children's Theatre (I love working with kids!)
4) Pianist for multiple musical theatre classes and private voice lessons at James Madison University in Virginia.
5) 6 years as the music director at Genesis Children's Theatre in Plano TX outside of Dallas
Lastly, I pride myself in working well with others and am flexible to be able to adapt to whatever you need!
$ 55.00 Dollars Per Hour
$30/half hour, $55/hour plus the cost of practice room. An extra $20 will be added if asked to travel more than 15 miles and an extra $15 will be added if you would like me to provide my Korg Kross keyboard/amp.
Stipends to music direct or accompany a musical, recital, choir, etc are negotiable
Piano, Organ, Electronic Keyboard
Contemporary Music, Instrumental Accompaniment, Vocal Accompaniment, Musical Theatre, Musical Direction