|Performance Job Listing - Colorado Springs, CO - Piano Accompanist|
JOB TITLE: Accompanist
SALARY: According to placement on current salary schedule
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine month year
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the procedures for evaluating non-certified staff
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
District Music Coordinator
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Two years of accompanying experience preferred
1. Demonstrates effective organizational, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
2. Demonstrates punctuality and good attendance.
3. Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures, including proper use of equipment. Reports all unsafe conditions/activities to supervisor, Human Resources or Risk Management.
4. Demonstrates aptitude and interest for the work to be performed.
5. Follows appropriate district policies and procedures.
6. Meets deadlines.
7. Demonstrates confidentiality as related to job.
8. Develops and maintains professional working relations with other district employees.
JOB SKILLS and ABILITIES:
1. Excellent pitch and timbre discrimination.
2. Excellent piano performance and sight reading skills.
3. Basic clerical and computer skills.
1. Skilled at picking out specific parts of music, sight read rhythms, melodies and harmonies by looking at choral scores.
2. Assists in reinforcement of skills with individuals, small groups and large rehearsals.
3. Assists with small group sectional work.
4. Serves as accompanist for solos as requested. Solo and Ensemble Festival limited to twenty accompaniments pieces as directed by music teacher.
5. Serves as an integral part of student learning experiences as directed by music teacher.
6. Accompanies students and teacher to large group contests/events.
7. Is flexible in work hours and is available for evening performances.
8. Performs basic clerical duties, including but not limited to typing, filing, and computer work.
9. Assists with classroom management, issuing uniforms, scheduling and performances as directed by music teacher.
10. Assists with supervising student assistants as requested by music teacher.
11. Performs such other tasks as may, from time to time, be assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus continually and quickly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Tolerate a close work environment.
Reasonable accommodations shall be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions pursuant to applicable law.
To apply: Applications are available at Human Resources, 1820 Main Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80911. Phone calls to 719-391-3015.
View More Details - Piano Accompanist
| admin on June 28 2013 17:26:49
|Performance Job Listing - London - Pianist for Art Song Duo|
|Performance Job Listing - New York, NY - Accompanist|
This is Angel Katherine Taormina from The Taormina Family Films company. We are going to be in New York sometime within the next two months for an event that promotes the screenplay and the music of our upcoming film. We have the singer. We need an accompanist for the show. The songs must be rehearsed and played in the style of the character in the film, so everything is very specific. For this reason we request that the accompanist be open-minded, able to improvise if needed, and can willingly follow the singer in the two in-person rehearsals and in the show. Dates of show and rehearsals cannot be finalized until full cast is in place, but we will let the accompanist know immediately; so we need someone with flexible availability. The songs that will need to be played at the event are Gounod's Offertorium from the Mass of Saint Cecilia (piano solo instead of organ solo), and the following, as per the event's screenplay:
Faust- Act Four Entr'actre... Elles ne sont plus la... Elles se cachaint... Il ne revient pas (Gounod) (may be performed with or without entr'acte and first recit if time does not permit- "Marie's in-performance version")
Le Ciel a Visite la Terre (Gounod) (may be performed either all five verses or just one chorus/verse/chorus; original key or stepping up through muliple keys to get to original key to keep it interesting throughout)
La Juive- Il va venir (Halevy) (either whole song or just second verse and final refrain with "Marie's cadenza" at end)
Faust- Anges pur, anges radieux (Gounod) ("Marie's putting everything into one refrain version" since there will be no tenor and no baritone- purposefully- one time through the refrain, illustrating the three keys throughout- it will be rehearsed where to go up the steps)
This is why it cannot be stressed enough that good rehearsals and ability to follow singer are very important. Also highly important is ability to transpose music and write in changes on the fly. We like players who truly play from the heart and have a passion for what they are doing.
Though the singer has performed all these roles in their entirety, it is not necessary (or likely) that the accompanist has. What is important is that the accompanist knows what they are doing and can play what is put in front of them and then get into the character of the film and showcase the intricacies of what "Marie" is doing.
If hired, accompanist will receive the same script as the actors.
Again, this is a live event where the music and the screenplay of an upcoming film will be promoted to an intimate audience in the heart of NYC. The film has not yet been made. If accompanist gets this gig, they automatically qualify for the opportunity to be rehearsal pianist for the film and maybe even get to perform with the live orchestra (to be determined) in the film.
We will be holding auditions via Skype throughout the coming weeks in order to determine the compatibility of singer and auditioning accompanists.
Thank you very much for your time. Please get back to us as soon as possible, as the show is coming up soon.
-Angel Katherine Taormina
The Taormina Family Films
Skype Name: angelktaormina
Please have auditioning accompanists email me at email@example.com and we will set up a Skype audition. We will be back in NYC for the rehearsals and the show but we are currently out of state working, so all first round auditions must be done via Skype. Thanks!
View More Details - Accompanist
| admin on February 20 2013 19:02:54